Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Root Canals and Flip Flops


Hopefully today was my first and last root canal. I had to endure such an ugly sounding operation due to the fact my tooth could not handle a routine filling. My nerve died from "trauma." The dentist said it would have happened on it's own eventually. How could the dentist tell me the opposite-"Sorry, I just killed your tooth." I never felt pain from the cavity, I only felt pain from the "trauma." Maybe my nerve would have lived if no one would have messed with it. Maybe it was a shy nerve-never wanting attention-trauma free. Regardless of what my nerve wanted, it is now gone. Honestly, I am mildly disappointed that my tooth lost the battle. I hope my other teeth hang in there. I brush at least twice a day, I guess that tooth did not care-it needed more attention.
Far away from root canals-last week I was on vacation. I enjoyed a week in the sunshine, baking by the beach. One night while in Florida, I was walking. I was walking in the best shoes ever invented-flip flops. Flip flops are one step away from being bare foot and I love it. I love to be bare foot, and that's one southern stereotype that I gladly accept. However, when walking in my flip flops in Florida my right flip flop damn near exploded. I was tripping all over my own shoe, after analyzing the situation I discovered that my flip flop broke in half. I was in the middle of Pineapple Willy's with the most insane example of shoe failure. It was hilarious until I realized that was my last living pair of black flip flops. So today after the root canal I went to Target and bought some cute black flip flops.
It all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment