Monday, June 8, 2009

Mallory and the Hell Inn 4/2008

I stayed at the Baymont Inn in Birmingham Sunday night because I was taking the ASCP board Monday morning.
Saturday night I worked from 9pm-7am so by the time I arrived at the hotel I was exhausted!! Not only was I exhausted, I was completely stressed out about my test the following morning. I checked into the hotel and directly went to the bathroom due to the fact I have the smallest bladder in the world. I tired to flush the toilet and it just kinda bubbled at me. I called the front desk and since the maintenance man was not there, I was sent to a new room. I pack all my things back up and head back to the front desk...check in again...and go to the new room. Once in the 2nd room I directly went to the bathroom and flushed the toilet (just to be safe). I then went to the sink to wash my hands and I noticed long curly hairs on the sink! AHHH I work in Microbiology, so my mind is racing with thought of organisms. I'm thinking at this point....if you don't even get long nasty hairs off the sink, have they really cleaned anything else?? I can't deal with the thought of the dirty room so I decide to go buy cleaning supplies. I buy Clorox Wipes, Anti-bacterial soap, and Lysol spray. So I come back to room2 and start cleaning. I feel pretty comfortable that I have killed everything on this side of Mycobacterium. While cleaning I found more hairs on the sink (short and curly!) I decide to Lysol spray the bed and thats when I found a big nasty dried cream colored stain and a huge cigarette burn. In the room I also found a survey someone else had filled out before me...it talked about how dirty the room was and that there was BLOOD on the PILLOW!! AHHHH!!! Later that night I knocked over the notepad that was located on the desk and on the back of this notepad was dried blood!!! The back of the notepad looked as if someone had blood on their hands and just wiped it on the back!! It was BAD!! I now believe I am spending the night in a crime scene! You have to remember at this point I have been awake around 27hrs! I think about leaving but I have the worst directional ability of any known mammal and the important thing is that I can find my test site in the morning. So I hope that Lysol spray works and decide to take a shower. Taking a shower in a crime scene might be one of the bravest/scariest/dumbest thing I have ever done. I get out of the shower and my plan is to smoke and go to bed. I have a smoking room but I don't like the room to be like a bar so I decided to go in the bathroom and close the door. I go to the bathroom....about to light my cig...and I think hey I could call Tracy right now....no it can wait...no just call...so I leave the bathroom....find my phone....go in the bathroom shut the door...and O NO!!!! I AM LOCKED IN THE BATHROOM!!! The door handle will turn but the lock will not!! The door opens towards me so the only defense I have is to pull...I can't kick...I can't throw my body against the door....I can pull!! I pull and pull and pray and cry and pull and cuss and it's not opening!! Tracy gets the number to the front desk and I call the front desk and tell them "Hi, uhh yeah....I'm in room 238 and I'm... uhh kinda locked in the bathroom...no like locked in the bathroom...like I can not leave the bathroom. Then it hits me I have the motel lock on the door (ya know the medal thing that goes across the door...yeah well it's across the door.) It takes them around 1 HOUR to get into the hotel room! So at this point I have been awake for 30 hrs...in a tiny tiny bathroom that was steamy from the shower...with no vent and wet hair...O and I only took one cig in with me!! Anyway so this big man has to karate kick the door open. I come flying out of there and unfortunately catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror! I have naturally curly hair...so me in a locked steamy bathroom freaking out with curly hair= I honestly looked like I have been trapped for weeks! The man (manager) that "saved" me never apologized for anything!!! He told me to go to the front desk once I pack up the things (for the 2nd time). Ok so now I pack up and while looking like a homeless person drag my things down stairs. This hotel gets worse after sun set I see...I believe I am staying at the prostitute inn! The lady behind the desk slides more keys my way and pointed in the general direction of my room 3. I start traveling in the direction of the point and it takes me behind the prostitute inn where there are no lights...it's shady! So I finally make it to room 3 sometime around midnight and thats the room I woke up in.
I never once got a "I'm sorry!" If anything they acted like it was my fault that the door was stuck! I received no discount and no apologies . You have to understand I am one of those people that NEVER complain about anything! I have got to start! Anyway never stay at the Baymont Inn...Unless you want broke toilets, hairy sinks, a mystery stain on the blanket, cig burns, bloody pillows, bloody notebooks, and being locked in a bathroom for over an hour, o and changing rooms 3 times. I guess it could have been worse....imagine if I decided not to grab my phone. O and I passed my board! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment